The Annual Meeting of the members of Maquoketa Valley Electric Cooperative will be held at the Berndes Center, 766 N. Maple Street, Monticello, Iowa at approximately 12:30 p.m., Thursday, August 17, 2023. Members who are unable to attend the meeting have the option to cast their ballot via mail using the ballot in this year's Annual Report.
During the Annual Meeting and via mail-in ballots received, members will take action upon the following matters:
• Approval of 2022 Annual Meeting Minutes
• Approval of the Treasurer’s Report
• Election of three Cooperative Directors for a three-year term
The terms of the following Directors expire upon the date of this Annual Meeting:
• Gene Manternach, Region 1 (Jones and portions of Cedar and Linn Counties)
• Charlie Peters, Region 2 (Jackson County and portions of Clinton County)
• Judy Gotto, Director At-Large
The following members have been nominated as candidates for a Director position by the Nominating
Candidate interviews and additional information can be found here. Members are urged to participate in this meeting either in person or by mailing in their ballot from the Annual Report that was mailed as the August Watts Current.
Ballots returned by mail must be received at the Cooperative’s office in Anamosa prior to noon on August 15, 2023, to be considered valid and to be entered into a drawing for cash prizes up to $100.
Learn about the process and requirements for serving on the board here [click here].
Annual Meeting Report Minutes of 2021 Annual Meeting Director Candidates Director Interviews Election Results